Friday, July 23, 2010

I May be Going to Hell but a Whole lot of Other Nerds are Coming with Me!

Just a little update to my previous post about Westboro Baptist Church. It seems that they did follow through on their previous threat to protest the SDCC. Well, 3 of them did anyway. That's right 3 righteous souls stood alone against the den of iniquity. Their only weapons in their crusade were 5 offensive signs. There they stood all alone in their righteousness, saving souls and taking names. Wait, did I say alone? My mistake. They actually had lots and lots of company. Company in the form of over 100 nerds mocking them with signs of their very own. With signs like "Superman Died For Your Signs" and "God Loves Gay Robin." I am sure WBC was really feeling the love. To all my nerd brothers and sisters: Bravo! My only disappointment with this outcome is that I was not there to see it.

Thanks again to Topless Robot!
You can find the original story here: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/07/sdcc_nerds_120_lunatic_assholes_3.php

If any one has pics of the counter-protest, send them in and I will attempt to post them

No comments:

Post a Comment